You are now marked on my profile visitor map!
You are now marked on my profile visitor map!

Monday, January 08, 2007

 

Respiratory Syncytial Virus

Drake has RSV. He was diagnosed last week and you can read more about it here. It isn't all that significant, since most children are exposed to it prior to age two. However, if an infant gets the virus prior to the age of six months, it can lead to hospitalization due to bronchitis and/or pneumonia. Furthermore, infants who were/are premature, are especially at-risk due to underdeveloped lungs.

So with two strikes against him, our little man knocks it out of the park. Yes, he has the virus, but he's doing great. The respiratory infection doesn't seem to have as big effect on him as the drainage from his sinuses. He's stopped up and can't breathe through his nose, which makes him very restless at night. That also means that Renee and I get very little sleep.

Now, Dane is sick with something. Probably a sinus infection. Last night, he had a temperature of 101. It really hasn't effected him (maybe a little more whiney) all that much. He still has lots of comments ("binky's in the bucket", "Drake sick" and "Daddy go work on new house") and is just as active as always.

I have been working on the house all weekend. With the help of my friends, we are going to get this house done. Siding will be up by the end of next weekend. Hopefully, the mudding and taping will be done next week. Then we will get the painting done and install the flooring. Then doors, cabinets and trim. Then we move... Sound easy, huh...

Comments:
Yuck! RSV! I'm glad to hear that he's pulling through nicely, though. I know that's a very common one to inflict infants because I have several friends who also had babies who suffered through it as well. They all pulled through fine too, though.
 
It's interesting to read what Andy does after I do my little entry in my blog. We each have a "different Fan club" though so it's okay *smile*
Love you handsome!
 
I hope Drake is doing better. It's scary when they're sick.
 
Well, I hope they are both doing better. Great, I don't think I should read your blog. It is just going to make me scared when Noah comes.
 
Ever gonna post something new? Hope all is well. My son is now in the world, so I have a better appreciation for your blog.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?