You are now marked on my profile visitor map!
You are now marked on my profile visitor map!

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

 

Work, Home And The Rest Of The World

No, really… I haven’t fallen off the face of the earth. I’m here, doing my work and getting things done. I’ve had a lot to do. Not to mention the stress from work making me want to curl up in a fetal position and suck my thumb. When I get this overwhelmed by work stuff, any down time I get I want to stare at the TV and just not think. I want to be blank and void of thought. To avoid this, I have been working out, hard, 4 of the 5 weekdays. It helps me mentally with my frustrations and gives me a physical outlet. So blogging gets further down on my list of things to do. Oh precious reader, do not feel slighted, you are ever present in my thoughts.

So what is happening?

Dane is wonderful! He continues to make advances. He spends more time standing, leaning and going from one stationary object to the next. “Dada” is said more often than not and, try as I might, he doesn’t mimic, “MaMa.” I still don’t know how I was blessed with such a wonderful child.

Renee is doing great and working more than I would like, but we want this new home (see below). So one day more a week was sacrificed. This also means one more day at the babysitters, which I really want to avoid.

Our Pastor is leaving our church and going to a bigger church (promotion?). We are in a state of worry about who will show up next. He was such a great person for our church. Very contemporary! We wish him the very best, but we all want to be selfish and tell him not to go.

Home life is moving forward… as in building a home. We have received the house plans drawn up by the architect and made some minor changes. The contractor is looking at breaking ground in September. We had wanted to break ground by the end of July. So it is really moving rather slowly, but at least we are seeing movement now. Here’s a small view of the first and second floor.



















If we get a nice three-dimensional drawing, I’ll post it as well.

There you have it. Quick and dirty! Just like you like it (yes… I know I’m projecting).

Comments:
House looks great! It's difficult when pastor's change. They have so much to do with shaping the personality of the church. I wish you and your congregation luck in your search for a replacement. Have a great rest of the week.
 
You need to label those rooms so I know what is what...haha! I love to look at floorplans. I keep thinking I'll never be able to have a house again off of this teacher's salary, so I need to live vicariously through others. More house details, please! :)
 
Hello again, Andy, we were a bit worried about you.

Yes if you want your mind void and vacant, watch TV. I was home sick yesterday and watched, for a while, daytime TV. The only bright spot was a "Buffy" rerun. I rushed back to work to re-activate my mind.

House, nesting, hooray!
More playplaces for Dane.

We look forward to audio and video bits.
 
Welcome back. I assume the schematic on the left is the first floor? Is there a balcony. Do label the rooms; then we can give you unsolicited advice about decorating.
 
I made those drawing on $9.99 software. When I get the "pre-draft" drawings (that are labelled), I'll scan and post them.

All comments will be welcome. However, not all comments will make it to the foreman (Renee). It's her house and if I start giving decorating advise (particularly from my blog), she might start "marking" around the new house to make sure everyone knows her territory.
 
We all concede that the territory in question is Renee's. We may be less than judicious at times, but we are not fools.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?