You are now marked on my profile visitor map!
You are now marked on my profile visitor map!

Thursday, June 09, 2005

 

Waaaaah = Soothe me

Our poor child. I'm assuming he is in a "phase" or something.

He has been a little crabby lately. And for good reason, he hasn't been sleeping. Most infants his age need around 12-15 hours of sleep a day. Lately, he hasn't been taking his morning nap, which puts him at about 10 hours. I know it's pretty close. I would think he would be exhausted in the afternoon, but he fights taking a nap in the afternoon. We tried letting him zonk out when he's tired, but then he gets over tired and that's a mess.

All this has been taking place over the last week or so. In addition to that, at night, he wakes up around 11pm wanting to be held. I have been going in there, picking him up and rocking him back to sleep on my chest. When I lay him down in the crib, he throws a fit. So in thinking we are starting some bad habits, we have been trying to let him work it out on his own. But listening to him cry and not do anything to soothe him is very difficult, especially when I know it will calm him down.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?