You are now marked on my profile visitor map!
You are now marked on my profile visitor map!

Saturday, June 18, 2005

 

Truce

Light of the World

Foilwoman, I can only offer you this picture: Christ is knocking at your door. The door has no knob on His side, only you can open it. The door has grown over in weeds and vines of the suffering you endure daily, that keeps Him out. He holds the light of the world in His hand, to guide your way. All you have to do is open the door.

I cannot convince you that God is almighty, or that he is more than gracious in our lives. I understand it's hard to see the good in a world that hits us everyday with horrible news of human atrocities, but the good things in the world are there. You have to choose to see them. I cannot make you see them (Kind of like the scene in Monty Python and the Holy Grail, when Tim shows King Arthur the horrible monster with "big pointy teeth." Tim screams, "THERE IT IS!" And King Arthur says, "What, behind the rabbit?" And Tim says, "IT IS THE RABBIT!" Well, that's what it like trying to show you the way... Sorry, maybe that wasn't the best way to get my point across. But it's a really funny scene, huh.).

Anyway, I think we are at a stalemate. Both of us sit on our respective sides of the fence. Both of us have excellent, but unprovable points. Both are really circular arguments. So I offer a truce.

As fun as it is to have this debate... it sure is draining. Let's talk about something, anything, else.

Comments:
That's a great scene from Monty Python & the Holy Grail. Almost as good as the legless, armless knight still trying to do battle . . . . Okay, Monty Python. I'm now going to go eat the cathedral, and then jump across the English Channel. Any world which has Monty Python in it can't be all bad. John Cleese, Eric Idle, etc. Yum, yum, yum. Truce.
 
Ooh, I forgot. Happy Father's Day, and enjoy the baby. I'm sure he has a nice drooly kiss just for you.
 
a little late, though the day is not yet over, but Happy Father's Day to you!
 
Foilwoman & Sandra: Thank you for the warm Father's Day wishes. We had a great time! I have a lot that is happening and I'm still trying to find time to get it all on my blog.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?