You are now marked on my profile visitor map!
You are now marked on my profile visitor map!

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

 

And now... back to Dane

I am so far behind in my posting. I have been going back and forth with Foilwoman on a wonder topic. I have been reading all of your fabulous blogs and not blogging about my wonderful son (and yes he is the best son... EVER!).

Let me tell you about this past week, Sunday to Sunday (June 12-19):

Sunday (June 12): Renee and I are sitting on the sofa with Dane. It's huge and over-sized, which gives Dane plenty of room to move around. Dane was laying on his stomach, kicking and laughing. As usual, he pushes himself up into the crawl position, then rocks a little before dropping back down. But this time, on the sofa, he pushes himself up into the seated position. And not just once, consistently. We clapped and cheered him on every time. It was great to see my son learn a new skill.

Monday (June 13): Getting ready for work, I watch Dane reach for toys, pull them close and then push himself up to the sitting position so he can play. I am amazed at how well he can do this, given he really gained the skill the day before (I'm not so naive to think he hasn't done it before, but I'm talking about consistently doing it). I drop him off on my way to work. Work: Blah, Blah, Blah. Head home. Dane's still doing a great job at sitting up all on his own.

Tuesday (June 14): Renee calls me at work and tells me that Dane is starting to crawl a little bit. He's going from sitting position to crawling position and then kind of scooting around. This call was in the morning. The next call is around 2pm. Renee, laughing, tells me, "Your son is crawling all over the place. I can barely keep up!" Of course, we haven't child-proofed our home yet, so she is try to do that as she keeps up with him. I was thinking that she may be exaggerating a little. I mean "can't keep up with him?" Come on.

When I got home, I quickly realized that she wasn't exaggerating. He was crawling like a mad man. And, yes, moving fast enough so that if you didn't watch him the entire time, he would be into something. I took some video of him crawling, but haven't quite figured out how to get it up on here... yet. Sandra sent me the player code (Thank you so much Sandra!!!!), but I haven't been able to get the video hosted. As soon as I do... you'll see it here!

Wednesday (June 15): Renee is still chasing Dane around the house. She understands completely why stay at home Mom's are so tired. She used to be able to sit him down and do something while he played in front of her. Now, she has to really watch him.

Thursday (June 16): We warn the babysitter that he's on the move. Her house is already child proof, but it's still good information for her to know. She loved it. She said she played with him all day and watched him crawl all over the place.

Friday (June17): Renee calls me, laughing hysterically. She told me that Dane was playing in the kitchen with her. She turned to see him moving to the dog's water bowl. So she picked it up and put it on the counter. She turns around to unload the dishwasher, when she turns back, Dane has pulled himself up and has a hand in each dog food bowl (we have elevated dog food bowls so our big doggies don't strain their necks... widdle big boys [said in my dog voice]. She picks up Dane and sits him on the sink to wash off his hands. She goes to wipe off his face when she notices... that's right... a big chunk of dry (not anymore) dog food in his mouth. Well, he's getting protein, right?

Saturday (June 18): My Mom comes out to see Dane crawl and just hang out. Nothing notable.

Sunday (Hooray for Father's Day): Renee and Dane get me up at the crack of dawn to give me my gifts. One is a big 8X10 frame with his hand prints all over the border and this picture of us at the baseball game:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
with "I love my Daddy" stuck to one of the hand prints. Renee got me a little kit to make a stepping stone:
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
My hand print is in it with Dane's hand print in mine. It was a great gift!

Renee also made me dinner with a new fondue pot, because we both like The Melting Pot so much. Three courses and everything. It was nice to be able to have a meal like that at home. After that, we all took a nice afternoon nap.

So that was my week! What a great bunch of changes!

Comments:
Of course Dane is the best son ever. If you'd had a girl, I'd fight you about the best girls ever (who are clearly mine). How do all those other parents with ordinary kids manage?
 
I looked at Dane's Palm Pilot last night while he was sleeping. Tomorrow and through the middle of next week, he is in business meetings. Apparently, he has aready start a multimillion dollar business... without telling his PARENTS!!!! Yeah... he's a genius.
 
And he is so cute, and you two are cute together. Nice (totally useless, but quite sentimental) handprint art, too. Gotta love parenthood. Think of all the priceless collectibles we'd be without if not for offspring. Why, that papier mache parrot in the kitchen . . .
 
I will probably frame everything he draws or colors. And I'll hang every mobile he makes in my office.

I love it!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?